Friday 2 December 2011

JYC manifesto

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

In the past I've been so busy in the run up to Christmas that it's lost all it's excitement and enjoyment. Bizarrely working for a Church you'd think you wouldn't be able to loose the true meaning of Christmas and have the life sapped out of it, but oddly enough it all becomes so hectic that December is like one long tick list of events to get through with the odd wonderful moment thrown into the mix. I remember last year I was so tired by my 9th run through of the nativity that I called Jesus, Joseph. Embarrassing.

This year I would love for it to be different, this year I will focus on the good things, the arrival of Jesus, the joy of the traditions, the wonder of the season. I will make things and bake things, go places and see things, take photos and reflect. Breathe in and enjoy the special things that this year has to bring. I am so blessed to do a fabulous job, to spend so much time with children whipped up into a joyful Christmas frenzy, I just don't want to go through the motions, I want to absorb what's going on around me.

This year I will embrace Christmas. I will take it all in, not rush through it ticking things off, I will savour the season.

Sounds wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment