Saturday 7 November 2009

me and you

I love this photo of us taken in Oregon, October 2009

The story began 4 years ago. I wasn't looking for a boyfriend then, and definitely not a husband, in fact I was quite sure I didn't want to get married young. I wanted the freedom of living on my own and I wanted to put my photos up in a montage on my bedroom wall and I wanted to invite people round for dinner. But in September 2005, Adam started coming to my Church and for him it was love at first sight. For me I think it was love at 3rd sight!

It took him a while to realise I liked him. Apparently I was just polite. Apparently when you text a guy everyday it's still not clear. I used to love getting his texts, they used to make me giddy with excitement and the biggest grin would appear on my face.

In February 2006 he finally asked me out. He tried to do it on the 13th, we'd had a connect social at spoons on the quay and had spent quite a bit of time alone together. But the question actually came at 00.15am on Valentine's Day. He thinks I only said yes because I was asleep. That's not true.

We had our first date at St. Peter's Finger, a lovely pub in Lytchett that 2 and a half years later we went back to on the evening of our wedding day.

And now we've known each other for just over 4 years. 4 amazing years I'd like to add. There have been some spinning heights of highs and some desperately low lows, but through it all he's been incredible. My knight in shining armour. I might not have wanted to get married young but it was so right for me. He's so right for me. I don't know how things would have turned out without his love, kind words, care and belief in me. Now I get to be with the love of my life everyday and do ordinary day to day things with my best friend.

I love you Adam James Feery x




No comments:

Post a Comment